Tuesday 9 October 2012

...Paved With Good Intentions

I really should write more.

We all have things we mean to do but don't for some reason or another.
An immediate example is I should be asleep 3 hours ago.

So we've got Dishonored out today, and XCOM is coming in a few days (for those of us outside of North America). I've still to play more Sleeping Dogs and Borderlands 2 and may do some of the tonight, which was kind of my plan for last night but I ended up staying in Minecraft for far longer than planned after thinking up a method of producing a shaped lake with ice, then making the contraption to produce said ice in a sustainable fashion. Which did not work due to some version inconsistencies (our server is a version behind the current which would have allowed the functionality desired). I've barely touched Torchlight II.

There's a long list in my Steam games of similar stories. Sometimes I joke to myself that I'm saving it all for retirement; something to do to pass the days. Then again, will Steam be around? Will the games work with whatever OS we're using? Would the tech be compatible? Would I want to play them, when we'd be plugging the new ones right into our brains?